SAY Teen Ministry
- Hosts events for those in high school grades 9-12, with invitations extended to 8th graders mid-year.
- A place for teens to belong, be inquisitive, be social, believe, and be Catholic.
- Yearly activities and programming to further develop faith formation and a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Service activities to foster the joy of living the Beatitudes and Works of Mercy.
- Young adults mentor high school youth on their faith journey during activities and programs to help teens grow as individuals and young disciples.
- Adult volunteers are always welcomed to provide corporal support by helping to keep their bodies fed and program support.
Teen Nights are an evening event that typically takes place twice a month on Sundays 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. over in the annex and feature a variety of opportunities to learn about faith and ourselves. Teen Nights are offered for high schoolers in the 9-12 grade and their friends to grow in community, relationship with Christ, and practice the richness of Catholic tradition. There is typically part of the night left open for teens to socialize while choosing between studying for school, playing games, an activity, or even just talking while enjoying snacks.
Teen Nights may also occur occasionally on other nights of the week in addition to Sundays to engage and be available for as many high schoolers in the area. These have included: Basketball Nights, Sports Nights, XLT, Lock-Ins, Movie Nights, Adoration, Stations of the Cross, Courtyard BBQ, Advent Scavenger Hunt, Service Nights, Bible Studies, and guest speakers. Please get connected with us for a current schedule of events. We also love to try new things, so if you have ideas for Teen Night Events, please contact Teresa!
SAY Teen Ministry is meant to provide a fun and safe environment for accompaniment and encounter with Jesus, a place for teens to belong, be real, believe, and be Catholic. There is no obligation to come every Sunday or event, though regular and frequent attendance is certainly welcome. Parish teens are also encouraged to bring friends, even if they aren’t from the parish or even Catholic! There will also be other faith and social activities, retreats, and celebrations throughout the liturgical year and reens will be invited to serve our parish by planning and volunteering at SAY FIAT events and parish events like the Backyard Bash, Trunk-or-Treat, Rock-a-thon, VBS, and the Rummage Sale.
Get Connected! Please join Flocknote to get updates about Teen Nights through your preference of text or email, follow our Instagram, fill out the interest form, or reach out to Teresa for more ways to get connected! Minimal updates are also given in the parish bulletin and Facebook page.